The amount of calories that one should take can be confusing mostly for women. If you are trying to manage your weight, calories intake should be keenly watched.
Nevertheless, it works both ways, whether you are trying to lose or gain weight your calories intake is something you cannot avoid.
For you to keep track of your calories, you have to know or understand what healthy calorie intake for women are all about.
About calories needed for women
- Carbohydrates are the main source of energy in the body. However, a balance is necessary to avoid excess or insufficient.
- Calories therefore those energy units required to fuel up your body. Your body is like a car, it needs fuel.
- Most of the daily activities need fuel provided through calories.
- The amount of energy needed varies due to many factors for instance age, gender, activities etc.
- For women, it is no different. The amount of fuel they need is influenced by many factors such as their size, activity level, and age.
How much calorie should women take?
As mentioned above, you will judge your calorie intake based on many factors. Nevertheless, women calorie requirement is different from that of men.
- For instance, men have more muscles and less fats as compared to women, meaning their bodies normally burn more calories throughout the day.
- Men therefore can take more calories than women can, on the other hand, women cannot take more calories. They have to watch their intake.
- According to most studies, the calorie intake of women should be approximately 13 to 18 calories per pound of body weight per day.
- For those women who are active, you need about 18 calories and the inactive or sedentary women you need close to 13 calories per pound of your body weight per day
- The above statistics is required for a healthy living in women
- In addition, those women who are overweight, you need about 10 calories per day. That estimates to about 1000-1500 calories per day to improve or initiate weight loss
- Overall, most women need approximately,1600-2400 calories per day to live a healthy life depending on their age, activity level, etc.
Benefits of watching calorie intake for women
Knowing your calories intake is essential to maintain a balancing in your calorie intake against your calorie output. This has associated benefits.
- First, it helps you to maintain your weight. This means, you will not grow big nor small.
- Second, it helps to achieve weight loss or prevent overweight
- Knowing your calorie intake gives you the power of knowledge. This means you will get to choose what to eat.
- You will know what foods have high calories and the ones that have low calories.
- Knowing your calories intake helps you establish a proper plan or diet to maintain, induce weight loss, or weight gain.
- A woman who knows her calorie intake will lead a healthy lifestyle. This is because, for one to know their calorie intake, they have to watch what they eat.
- Calorie intake will help you establish our BMI or body mass index that is essential for weight loss or gain.
Calories are essential to fuel the body. However, a balance should be maintained against the input and output. Women need calories daily. How much they need will depend on various factors:
The activity level, age, among other things such as pregnancy or medical conditions. Younger women require more calories as opposed to older women who need less.
This is because older women have more muscles and tend to be more active. Nevertheless, a woman needs between an approximate of 1600-2400 depending on the level of activity.
If you are very active, you will aim at 2400 calories per day. Watching your calorie is important for health reasons and also if you want to lose weight where daily exercise burn calories for the purpose.