A healthy low calorie diet is that diet that involves taking calorie to some limits. For instance, the consumption should be between 800 to 1300 calories per day.
The normal good calorie intake is about 1600 to 2500 calories per day. There are also very low calorie diets that permit you to take up to a maximum of 800 calories per day.
As opposed to the normal prescriptions and recommendations for the overweight individuals, low and very healthy low calorie snacks are recommended for everyone.
Healthy low calorie diets are those diets that incorporate snacks in your diet plans. The plan should be safe i.e. pose no harm or risk to your health and you can get some ideas amongst the healthy low calorie dinner recipes you also find here on Wellbeingbodysite.
This article will however discuss only the healthy low calories snack diets. Snacks as you know are very important especially in between the meals.
Why healthy low calorie snack diet
Taking these snacks is based on the same principles of other snacks. In other words, there is no difference;however, the only difference is the amount of calories.
- The good thing with low calorie snack diet is that sometimes it may get boring to continue eating the same type of snacks.
- Low calorie snack diets are good since they help in improving the process of weight loss and on the other hand, they are safe or healthy.
- There are varieties of snacks that are low in calories that you can incorporate in your diet. This way, the boredom of eating the same snacks are eliminated.
Examples of healthy low calorie snack diets
The diet is made from all the three nutrients (Carbs, proteins, and fats). These nutrients are the sources of calories to the body. Carbohydrates are the number one source of calories.
- Amaranth popcorn: The snack has plenty of nutrients. It has about 180 calories per serving. It makes you full and satisfied.
- Banana Nutella Protein Muffin: This snack contain 165 calories. It has plenty nutrients and antioxidants that are good for the body. In addition, it is sweet.
- Peanut Butter and Apple Sandwich: It contains about 200 calories. In addition, it contains cinnamon, granola, and raisins.
- Greek Yogurt: This yogurt is a perfect blend for a snack. It is sweet and has nutritious elements. It is also easy to make.
- Collard Greens wrap: This snack contains about 113 calories. It in turn has carrots, hummus, and bell peppers, among others. This leafy roll-up is sweet and fresh.
- Sweet Potato Quinoa Cakes: These potatoes are baked giving a delicious taste. It is sweet and easy to prepare. Furthermore, it is packed with nutritious elements.
- Gluten-Free Breakfast Cookies: They are gluten free and are taken any time in the night or the a.m. The snack has almonds, walnuts, among others.
Benefits of healthy low calorie snack diets
Many health benefits are associated with these snacks. From energizing effects to prevention of some diseases. They include:
- The snacks are easy to make and are easy to eat as well
- They are delicious
- They can lead to weight loss, for instance you can lose about four to seven every week
- Most studies have also proved that low calorie snacks can help slow down your aging process
- Snacking at intervals will lead to an Improved mental focus
- From incorporating these low calorie snacks, the habit of maintaining a healthy diet is developed
- Prevention of most cardiovascular diseases for instance stroke, hypertension, heart disease, and high blood pressure. This is achieve through controlling of cholesterol levels.
- Increased energy levels
- Improves blood sugar levels
- They help prevent type two diabetes
Healthy low calorie snackss are a good way to help in weight loss as they are taken in between meals. They help make you get full and avoid eating too much or heavy meals at once. Nevertheless, they are easily prepared and are simple and can give you the healthy calorie intake for women or as a man. The good snacks also have many health benefits.