What is the paleo diet plan really?
Ever since the “The Paleo Diet” book written by Dr. Cordain, people have been amazed by the diet. However, most people do not know what it means.
Paleo diet is that diet that involves adaptation of the caveman diet. It portrays how our ancestors used to eat. Mostly, they ate completely unprocessed foods.
Consequently, the paleo diet plan is the laid out foods taken during different meals such as breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
The foods are strategically distributed in the table, menu, or plan. The foods, which will be describe later, are the paleo foods.
The paleo diet plan has caused a buzz, as there are claims that users or dieters will get leaner and eventually avoid health complications.
The paleo diet claims to rid its users of cancer, diabetes, and the cardiovascular diseases like heart disease, hypertension, among others.
Some nutritionist refer to the paleo diet plan as the food plan that involves completely paleo foods that basically is a high protein, fiber, and vitamin eating plan.
What does the diet plan entail?
The diet that entails eating a lot of lean meat such as pork, beef, chicken, among others. In addition, you can eat fish, fruits, eggs, vegetables, including healthy fats. What to eat on a paleo diet? Here is the list:
- Nuts and seeds
- Healthy oils such as olive oil and coconut oil
- Meats like pork, beef, etc.
Foods to avoid:
- All processed foods
- Legumes for instance peanuts and beans
- Refined sugar
- Canola oil and other refined vegetable oils
Are there any limitations
I have to admit that sticking to this diet is tricky to follow especially when one is starting. Nevertheless, the diet has an open meal.
- Normally what happens during open meals is more like a cheat diet. You are allowed to eat whatever you wish or want. However, it is three meals a weak.
- The paleo diet plan also involves more of meat, fish, eggs, and seafood. This is to the extent that, you can never avoid eating those foods.
- Salt can be used but to the minimum. However, if salt is not used, the better.
- You can spend much more money when buying meat, fish, and the seafood.
How effective is the paleo diet plan?
This diet that does not involve salt, grains, dairy, processed foods, refined sugar, legumes, among others has constantly been questioned whether it is effective.
- Therefore,are you guaranteed results once you dedicate to this diet? Well, studies have been done to try to establish the claims of this diet.
- Not all of the claims made in the book and many other nutritionists can be met, however, the research has indicated lean protein, and reduced salt and sugar level can improve your health
- Nevertheless, it has been established that reduced sugar levels and reduced carbs will generally lead to controlled weight loss
- There have been claims that clinical trials have proved that the diet can reduce chances of heart diseases, blood pressure, diabetes, etc.
If you can manage to stick to the diet, it is worth trying and you can create a free Paleo Diet plan also. This is because avoiding sugar, salt, and some carbs, will generally lead to improved weight control.
In addition, you can be in control of your health. Generally, avoiding these processed foods and foods rich in fats and sugar will reduce chances of high sugar level in the blood.
Finally, if you can manage to buy the foods, then you are in a better position to improve your health and join those who have because Paleo Diet can help you lose weight besides getting a better overall health.